SMC is a mixture of several ingredients, Carboxylic acid where dissolve the rust of metals then working as corrosion inhibitor which is stabilised with complex substances, Also the Alkyl compound have cleaning power provide the cleaning surfaces after dissolving the rust . carboxylic acid and Alkyl compound have a synergetic effect as a metallic cleaner , SMC Suitable for all applications because it's properties which is provides effective cleaning at normal or warm temperature..
SMC Suitable for all applications because it contains some of the properties which is provides effective cleaning at normal or warm temperature as it remove all types of rust & also working as very good corrosion inhibitor.
|Ingredients||CAS No||Conc. %|
|Organic carboxylic acid||5949-29-1||-----------|
|Ethoxylated alkyl aryl alcohol||25154-52-3||-----------|
|This is a commercial product whose exact ratio of components may vary slightly.|
|Minor quantities of other non hazardous ingredients are also possible|
|Physical Description & color||Colorless clear liquid|
|Boiling Point||More than 100°C at 100kPa|
|Freezing Point||Approximately 0°C|
|Vapor Pressure||2.37 kPa at 20°C (water vapor pressure)|
|Specific Gravity||1.2 approx|
|Water Solubility||Completely soluble in water|
|pH||lower than 3|
|Auto ignition temp||Not applicable - does not burn.|
0.5-5% according to rust degree. The efficiency increases with rising temperature and contact time.
This product is classified as: Non hazardous according to the criteria of SWA.
Risk Phrases: Not Hazardous - No criteria found.
Safety Phrases: Avoid contact with eyes.
SUSDP Classification: None allocated.
ADG Classification: None allocated. Not a Dangerous Good under the ADG Code.
You should call The Poisons Information Centre if you feel that you may have been poisoned, burned or irritated by this product.
Have this MSDS with you when you call.
First aid is not generally required. If in doubt, contact a Poisons Information Centre or a doctor.
Irritation is unlikely. However, if irritation does occur, flush with water, gently flowing water for 5 minutes or until product is removed.
No effects expected. If irritation does occur, flush contaminated eye(s) with water, gently flowing water for 5 minutes or until the product is removed.
Obtain medical advice if irritation becomes painful or lasts more than a few minutes.
Take special care if exposed person is wearing contact lenses.
If product is swallowed or gets in mouth, do NOT induce vomiting; wash mouth with water and give some water to drink.
If symptoms develop, or if in doubt contact a Poisons Information Centre or a doctor.
Fire and Explosion Hazards: There is no risk of an explosion from this product under normal circumstances if it is involved in a fire.
Only small quantities of decomposition products are expected from this products at temperatures normally achieved in a fire. This will only occur after heating to dryness. Fire decomposition products from this product are likely to be irritating if inhaled.
Extinguishing Media: Not Combustible. Use extinguishing media suited to burning materials
Fire Fighting: If a significant quantity of this product is involved in a fire, call the fire brigade.
Flash point: Does not burn.
Upper Flammability Limit: Does not burn.
Lower Flammability LimitDoes not burn.
Auto ignition temperature: Not applicable - does not burn
Flammability Class: Does not burn.
Minor spills do not normally need any special cleanup measures.
In the event of a major spill, prevent spillage from entering drains or water courses.
As a minimum, wear overalls, goggles and gloves. Suitable materials for protective clothing include rubber, PVC.
Eye/face protective equipment should comprise as a minimum, protective glasses and preferably goggles.
If there is a significant chance that vapors or mists are likely to build up in the cleanup area, we recommend that you use a respirator. Usually, no respirator is necessary when using this product. However, Stop leak if safe to do so, and contain spill.
Absorb onto sand, vermiculite or other suitable absorbent material. If spill is too large or if absorbent material is not available, try to create a dike to stop material spreading or going into drains or waterways.
Sweep up and shovel or collect recoverable product into labeled containers for recycling or salvage, and dispose of promptly. Can be slippery on floors, especially when wet.
Recycle containers wherever possible after careful cleaning. After spills, wash area preventing runoff from entering drains. If a significant quantity of material enters drains, advise emergency services. This material may be suitable for approved landfill.
Ensure legality of disposal by consulting regulations prior to disposal.
Thoroughly launder protective clothing before storage or re-use.
Advise laundry of nature of contamination when sending contaminated clothing to laundry.
Eye Protection: None required under normal conditions.
Skin Protection: None required under normal conditions.
Respiratory Protection: None required under normal conditions.
Ventilation:None required under normal conditions.
Protective Equipment or Clothing:None required under normal conditions.
Reactivity: This product is unlikely to react or decompose under normal storage conditions. However, if you have any doubts, contact the supplier for advice on shelf life properties.
Conditions to Avoid:None known
Incompatibilities: No particular Incompatibilities.
Fire Decomposition: Only small quantities of decomposition products are expected from this products at temperatures normally achieved in a fire. This will only occur after heating to dryness. Carbon dioxide, and if combustion is incomplete, carbon monoxide. Nitrogen and its compounds, and under some circumstances, oxides of nitrogen. Occasionally hydrogen cyanide gas in reducing atmospheres. Oxides of sulfur (sulfur dioxide is a respiratory hazard) and other sulfur compounds. Most will have a foul odor. Water, sodium compounds. Carbon monoxide poisoning produces headache, weakness, nausea, dizziness, confusion, dimness of vision, disturbance of judgment, and unconsciousness followed by coma and death.
Insufficient data to be sure of status.Expected to not be an environmental hazard. (ECO FRINDLY)
Target Organs:There is no data to hand indicating any particular target organs.
Classification of Hazardous Ingredients
Ingredient Risk Phrases
No ingredient mentioned in the HSIS Database is present in this product at hazardous concentrations
Disposal: This product may be recycled if unused, or if it has not been contaminated so as to make it unsuitable for its intended use. If it has been contaminated, it may be possible to separate the contamination in some way. Only if neither of these options is suitable, consider landfill.
SMC Shelf life is two years for normal conditions & unopened containers.
SMC Can stored at temperature less than 50 °C.
All of the significant ingredients in this formulation are compliant with international regulations.
This product is not classified as a Dangerous Good. No special transport conditions are necessary unless required by other regulations.
D.O.T. Shipping Name is AD-X
D.O.T. Hazard Class-- Not detected
UN./N.A. Number # R36---R43
PREPARATION INFORMATION: PREPARED BY our formulators
DISCLAIMER: ALL INFORMATION IS BELIEVED
ALL INFORMATION IS BELIEVED TO BE ACCURATE BUT DOES NOT IMPLY A WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE.